For the countertop
- 500 gr flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 10 gr of fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 300 ml warm milk for the filling
- 2 red bell peppers, peeled and cut into slices
- 4 green chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon basil-flavored olive oil
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 125 gr mozzarella, sliced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (400 gr) peas with carrots, drained
Preparation time: over 120 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Pizza with spring vegetables and mozzarella:
For the countertop, mix 100 ml of warm milk with sugar and fresh yeast and let it sit for approx. 10 minutes. Then mix this composition with flour, salt and the rest of the warm milk. Knead well, then remove the dough from the bowl and knead it on the work table, spreading the dough and folding it several times until it becomes homogeneous. In a bowl, cover the bowl and let the dough rise for 1 hour at room temperature.
Take out the dough, spread it out, ripen it in 4 and put it back in the bowl, where you leave it for another 1 hour.
After 1 hour, place the dough on the work table and divide it into 4-8 pieces. Fold each piece once, then let the dough rise for another 20 minutes.
Take each piece of dough and shape it into a circle. Place the circles in a tray lined with baking sheet.
Preheat the oven to 220ᵒC. For the filling, mix in a heat-resistant bowl the peppers, leeks and olive oil and then bake them for 15-20 minutes until they are slightly softened. Grease the pizza tops with tomato paste. Then divide the baked vegetables on each pizza, place slices of mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and sprinkle the peas with carrots. Bake the pizza for 20-25 minutes then serve.
Vegetarian pizza - ingredients and preparation
- 500 grams of wholemeal flour
- 150 grams of light mozzarella
- a sachet of dry yeast
- 250 milliliters of hot water
- a teaspoon of oil
- 3-4 tablespoons of tomato juice
- pitted olives
- 100 grams of mushrooms
- slices of zucchini and eggplant
- a tablespoon of corn
- a bell pepper
Method of preparation:
- Mix the yeast and salt with warm water and leave for about 10 minutes.
- Then pour the mayonnaise into the hole made in the flour, mix and knead until it comes off the bowl. Then knead for 5 minutes on the table sprinkled with flour. Pour a tablespoon of oil, mix again and leave to rise for 1-2 hours in the bowl covered with foil.
- The dough is divided into three, two parts are put in the freezer, and one is spread and then transferred to a baking tray greased with a little oil.
- Grease the pizza dough with tomato juice, put the filling ingredients and leave in the oven for 15 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
Nutritional information vegetarian pizza per 100 grams: 267 kilocalories, 35 grams of carbohydrates, 10 grams of protein, 9 grams of fat.
Cooking tips for scary pizza with olives and chicken
- To make the chicken intertwine when you fry it, put the lid on the pan.
- If you prefer a 100% homemade pizza, you can make your own pizza dough. You need: flour, water, a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of sugar and a little olive oil. Mix the flour in water with yeast and salt until you get a homogeneous composition, leave it to rise until it doubles in volume, and then add the oil and sugar and start kneading again. Let the dough rest for 1-2 hours and it is ready to put in the oven!
- The spiders from the pitted black olives are made as follows: take an olive and cut it in half lengthwise. This will be the spider's body. On the sides of the body are placed 3 legs obtained from cutting thin strips of olives. Put everything together and you get a spider for decoration.
- You can add to the pizza other vegetables such as red peppers, boiled corn and mushrooms.
- These can be used to make other Halloween-themed decorations, such as spider webs, traces of blood or ghosts.
- Serve with ketchup or extra mozzarella.
- You can simplify the recipe if you give up spiders, but these are the main attraction of the dish.
- Authentic pizza is left in the oven for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees, but most ovens do not reach this temperature. If you use a homemade dough, set the oven to the maximum temperature, and if you have chosen to buy an already prepared countertop, follow the instructions on the package.
Eggplant toast and mozzarella
Toast. Toast. The one we all grew up with. But, if "in our time" we eat toast with a little butter and jam, things have changed in the meantime and a wonderful dish has entered our kitchens - TOAST!
Today we prepare a wonderful toast together - TOAST WITH EGGPLANT AND MOZZARELLA - a delight that turns the ordinary toast into a work of art!
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 1 kg of new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup of red lentils, well washed
- 2 thin leek threads
- 6 chopped radishes
- ¼ cup of chopped dill
- Dressing ingredients: 1 small chopped onion, 1 teaspoon mustard, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 ½ teaspoon vinegar, 4 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Method of preparation:
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Prepare the dressing by mixing all the crushed ingredients in a bowl. Leave it in the fridge to cool. Meanwhile, cut the new potatoes in half, after you have washed them well beforehand. Place them in a tray covered with baking paper. Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil over them, season with salt and pepper, then mix well so that all the potatoes are covered with oil and spices and leave them in the oven for about 40 minutes.
While the potatoes are in the oven, put water to boil in a pot and, when it boils, pour the lentils. Let it boil for 15 minutes, then drain it in a sieve and put it in a bowl. Mix it well while it is still quite warm with 2 tablespoons of dressing and a little more salt if needed.
Chop the leeks and, after removing the potatoes from the oven, place the chopped leeks in the same tray. Grease it with the remaining olive oil, but season it with salt and pepper. Put the tray back in the oven and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
At the end, mix all the prepared ingredients in a large bowl and eat with fresh dill on top.